RE: Tools - HVLP Guns ?

Subject: RE: Tools - HVLP Guns ?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:43:51 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, RCB2 wrote:

> prerequisite (40+) lbs. for conventional siphon feed guns. While line

Has anyone had experience with a gravity feed gun?  I've seen those too
and would like to know pros-cons of such a beast.

> pressure is bleed off to pressurize the pot, I'm not sure if they will
> operate well with line pressure significantly lower than normal (40+
> lbs.). In short, I'm not sure if they will operate with less line
> pressure than conventional guns. Most Guns require a compressor of at
> least 3-5 HP, once again, maybe an HVLP gun will get by with less.

Yes, but I think that's for a 100% duty cycle- something I don't
necessarily need (for now... all I have to do is seal the bodywork to stop
it from rusting)

I have a teensy Coleman airbrush, but it gets a bit tedious after a while.
I may just pick up some Canadian Tire color match laquer to give the
impression of a fully restored car :-)

-Malcolm