Re: DEJA VU - MC Question

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: DEJA VU - MC Question
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:37:59 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, jmwagner wrote:

> In using compressed air...  I just wrap a rag around the dangerous end, folded
> over a couple times, with some slack... and hold it the rags tightly around
> the sides...  and let it "shoot" into that... thereby stopping within a few
> inches of the bore...     This may have been what you had in mind... but I
> would hate to see people trying to aim their master cyclinder at a pile of
> rags several feet away, etc...

Yes, that's what I had in mind, just not what ended up on screen.  D'oh.

But at Bubba's Garage, they set up a pyramid of beer cans across the
other side of the shop- the object to knock down as many as possible with
one master cylinder piston shot ;-)

> BE EXTREMELY careful about this... it does come out as a projectile... but it
> is easily stopped by rags... I've only managed to hurt myself doing this, over
> the years, when I accidently allowed a finger or part of my hand wrap around
> the dangerous end... hence...shooting myself...  fortunately... it's always
> just been one of those wounds that the TV guys get...  it grazed me.... no
> damage.

Hmm, did it look like you had dunked you finger in the ketchup bottle?
;-)

> SECONDLY....  I have often found that it breaks free simply by giving the
> cyclinder a good strike downward on a piece of wood.   ...while this very
> often does the trick for loosening it... I usually still find I can't withdraw
> it...     so... once again... a little air pressure seems to be the way to go.

Yes, Andy Mace came forth with this one too.  They've all been filed away.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm