Need Help Trying to Hand Crank my TR3

To: KMNTR6@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need Help Trying to Hand Crank my TR3
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:46:36 -0400
     Ken,

     Another possibility is that the rad is mounted a bit high.
     After having gone through extreme difficulty removing mine, I asked around
     for alternative mounting methods, and one of the best results in the rad
     ending up high by the thickness of a (thin) nut. Some PO may have already
     done this; if so, be glad! (Unless you need to crank your car.....)
     For those interested, the original bolts are replaced with new thinner
ones
     that will pass through the nuts welded to the radiator. They are inserted
     from below and fixed in place with (thin) nuts, such that they basically
     become studs. The rad is then placed down over them and regular nuts hold
     it down. Thus the rad is higher by the thin nut thickness.
     (Thanks to Fred Thomas for mailing me that tidbit from "More BS about
     TRs".)

     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     TS81417

     From: KMNTR6@aol.com
     ....It seems that the tip of the crank meets the engine slightly (maybe
1/2
     inch) on the high side when passing through the crank guide....

     Later
     Ken Nachman