Re: Need Help Trying to Hand Crank my TR3

To: KMNTR6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need Help Trying to Hand Crank my TR3
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:14:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Speaking from TR 4A experience...  Sounds like your engine is low...  This is a
classic problem with the 4A... and usually leads to the long nose of the main
pulley/fan mount to rub against the rack and pinion.  CAUSE?  Now sure... worn
out
bushings... a shifting of the frame... who knows... but in the TR 4A, it's
annoying... as it makes fan belt changing difficult... and, of course, rubbing
on
the rack is not good...

My fix on the 4A... is to buy the ROUND not SQUARE motor mounts... and to add a
very THICK and LARGE washer or more....  to bring the motor up to a reasonable
standard.     Sounds like the same "fix" could help to line up your crank.

--Justin