re: Need Help Trying to Hand Crank my TR3

To: <KMNTR6@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: Need Help Trying to Hand Crank my TR3
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 98 15:58:12 -0600
Ken,
        Check into your motor mounts. I've seen this before on TR6's. Where
the motor mounts have become weak and have sagged. The engine was actually
sitting about half an inch lower than it should have. The fan extension was
occasionally rubbing on the steering rack. And it was impossible to change
the fan belt out. I'm not familiar with TR3 motor mounts but if your engine
is sitting lower in the car than it should be, that just might be the place
to start.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6 CC80255U
-------------
Original Text
From: <KMNTR6@aol.com>, on 8/25/98 3:11 PM:
Listers

I am trying to figure out why the hand crank on my 1957 TR3 (smallmouth)
does
not meet exactly with the engine. It seems that the tip of the crank meets
the
engine slightly (maybe 1/2 inch) on the high side when passing through the
crank guide. I know my description of the problem may be a little confusing,
but is there an adjustment that can make the crank work or is it something
have to live with?

I borrowed a crank from a club member with a similar car (and his crank
works
on his car) and found that the problem was my car, not the crank.

Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register http://www.tsquare.com/rtr
1957 TR3 TS21086L Old English White