Re: Need Help Trying to Hand Crank my TR3

To: KMNTR6@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Need Help Trying to Hand Crank my TR3
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:03:45 -0400
Ken,

As listers have mentioned, check the motor mount height
and to see if there is any valence damage.  But even with
new mounts and a perfect valence the crank won't always
line up.  The factory shimmed the motor mounts so the
crank would line up.  These shimms go between the motor
mount and the engine front plate. They are the same
rectangular shape as the motor mount with a notch cut
in so the nut holding the engine to the mount only has
to be loosened to slip them in.  These are almost always
thrown away when motor mounts are replaced since nobody
crank starts their cars, in fact, the repairers probably
don't even know what they're for!

Bruce Clough
62 TR4 w/crank start option - works!