Re: Right Hand Steering swap

To: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Right Hand Steering swap
From: Keith A Edwards <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:47:09 -0400
Cc: Dave Brackin <dbrackin@worldnet.att.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
George Richardson wrote:

> You need the right hand side accellerator pedal assembly for one thing.

I recall from the parts manual that the steering box is different for
RHD, offset to toward the centerline of the car.  I have heard the LHD
box interferes if mounted on the RH side.

> The other is a right hand side drive dashboard.

Or just mount the LHD dash backwards (upside-down, so to speak).  ;-)>

Keith Edwards (who doesn't speak from experience with RHD conversion)
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net
http://members.tripod.com/~Keith_Edwards/
2 TR3Bs