Re: Speed Bleeders - Dumb Question

To: Luiching@aol.com
Subject: Re: Speed Bleeders - Dumb Question
From: fergie@ntplx.net
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:13:15 -0700
Cc: walker05@camosun.bc.ca, lensman@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Luiching@aol.com wrote:

> This is just my two cents but I would not use a foot pound scaled wrench to
> tighten something that requires so few foot pounds.  The reason is that the
> wrenchs are not accurate at the lowest or highest ratings.  A zero to 100 foot
> pounds range wrench is not accurate (quality of wrench dose come into play %
> dose vary) at its lowest 10% or Highest %.  It is best to use a wrench that
> the value you are tighting to is in its middle range.  If you are really
> concerened buy or borrow a inch pound  wrench.  Or just buy one from sears use
> it and return it.  It has been done.

It's a very sad commentary on "modern" life when anyone would even think
of doing what Luiching proposes. If retail stores like Sears wanted to
rent tools, they would rent tools. They are in business to sell products
to people who, presumably want to OWN them. Sears is not your neighbor
from whom you borrow tools. The next time I buy from a store with a
liberal return policy, I wonder if I'll get a "new" tool or one which
has been used (abused?) by someone like Luiching.

In light of the recent thread on this list concerning the integrity of
fellow listers when it comes to buying and selling to each other, it
would appear that a word of caution may be in order....

Michael Ferguson