Speed Bleeders - Dumb Question

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs-owner@autox.team.net" <triumphs-owner@Autox.Team.Net>, "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Speed Bleeders - Dumb Question
From: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:23:26 -0400
Hello Triumph Owners wiser than I.  I decided to forgo the hydraulic
pumps and instead went with the Speed Bleeders.  One question -  upon
reading the installation instructions (I learned a long time ago - read
them first) it states to torque  using  "pounds per inch" not "pounds
per foot" .  My torque wrench only references pounds per foot.  My dumb
question is can I still use it?  Speed Bleeders states to torque them to
32-40 pounds per inch.  I thinking that it would be roughly 3-5 lbs
using my wrench.

Jerry - 1968 GT-6 MK1