Re: TR ergonomics

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: TR ergonomics
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:44:15 +1000
At 3:20 AM +1000 10/8/98, Dave Massey wrote:
>Gregory Petrolati  writes:
>
><<<<<<<<<<<<<< Snip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
>On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Philip E. Barnes wrote:
>
>> If I find some modern seats that don't spoil the look of the car, I'll
>let
>> you know, although the stock seats are not too bad.
>
>        Keep me on your list... My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis. She is
>        beginning to have trouble getting in and out of my TR4. The car
>        currenlty has early TR6 seats installed. While more comfortable
>        than the original seats they are not comfortable or supportive
>        enough for a long haul. I've thought about Fiero seats as a
>        replacement, or possibly Porsche 914 seats (if a set could be
>        found).
>
>        Still, it's a matter of finding the right seat. What appears
>        to be the "right seat" at first may not be, once your
>        butt's been in it for several hours at a clip.
>
>        Hey, how about a TR7 or 8 seats? Still Triumph, and if
>        reupholstered they may even be made to look "almost right"
>
>        Greg Petrolati
>
>gpetrola@prairienet.org                         1962 TR4 (CT4852L)
>        "That's not a leak... My car is just marking its territory!"
>Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois
>
><<<<<<<<<<<<<< End Snip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You may also be interested in the July edition of Moss Marques (UK). It has
an advertisement for replacement seats for TR4A to TR6.  They have large
headrests, leather facings, look well shaped, include the seat rails
(runners) and bolt straight in.  However, they are £652 per pair (less VAT
outside the UK, plus whatever it costs to transport two seats from the UK).
Colours are black, shadow blue, and new tan.

I do not know why they specifically exclude the TR4 as it should be exactly
the same size.  Perhaps the mounting points are different.  It may be
relatively simple to adapt them to the TR4.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U