Re: TR ergonomics

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: TR ergonomics
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 07:39:06 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Philip E. Barnes wrote:

> If I find some modern seats that don't spoil the look of the car, I'll let
> you know, although the stock seats are not too bad.

        Keep me on your list... My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis. She is
        beginning to have trouble getting in and out of my TR4. The car
        currenlty has early TR6 seats installed. While more comfortable
        than the original seats they are not comfortable or supportive
        enough for a long haul. I've thought about Fiero seats as a
        replacement, or possibly Porsche 914 seats (if a set could be
        found).

        Still, it's a matter of finding the right seat. What appears
        to be the "right seat" at first may not be, once your
        butt's been in it for several hours at a clip.

        Hey, how about a TR7 or 8 seats? Still Triumph, and if
        reupholstered they may even be made to look "almost right"

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois