TR ergonomics

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR ergonomics
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 08:10:56 -0400
Purists in the audience may wish to avert their gaze for this one.

I am a big proponent of making a car comfortable and efficient to drive.
This usually involves all the "control surfaces" in the cockpit: seat,
steering wheel and pedals. I fitted a Moto-Lita wheel with a fat leather
rim, which is easy to grip and has a larger surface area so the road can be
better felt. The latest change I made was to fit a 3-piece set of "sport"
pedals. These are oversize pedals that fit over the stock units. They
effectively make the pedals closer together, so it is now much easier for
heel-toe downshifts. The other advantage is hard braking is much easier on
the foot, as the load is spread over a larger area. I adjusted the position
of the accelerator pedal so that it falls in the same plane as the brake
when the brake pedal is depressed, again facilitating downshifts.

If I find some modern seats that don't spoil the look of the car, I'll let
you know, although the stock seats are not too bad.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.