Re: TR ergonomics

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR ergonomics
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 07:31:27 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Dave Massey wrote:

> Ouch!  That's over a thousand bucks!  American!  I don't know either why
> they excluded TR4's.
> I had a pair of TR6 seats in my TR4 (early, short bubble bonnet, etc).   I
> forgot if any mods were
> required.

        Hey Dave, BTDT... other than the TR6 seat adjusters, no other
        mods

        A few years back there was a company in Britain called "Autostorica"

        They sold vintage rallye equipment, Haldas, Heuer stop watches,
        replica driver suits, helmets and etc. They also sold replica
        replacement seats for our cars. They were based on period after-
        market seats and came in several "flavors" (leather with suede
        inserts, and "ever popular" naugahyde). There were two types of
        seats, if memory serves, one was a racing seat the other was a
        rallye seat and had more support for the legs...

        Autostorica sort of fell off the face of the earth... I wonder what
        happened to them.

        Any of our British bretheren know? Does anyone know who they got
        their seats from?

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois