Re: Thermostats

To: Neil Penberthy <n.penberthy@liant.com>
Subject: Re: Thermostats
From: gbowley <gbowley@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 14:35:57 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, tboicey@brit.ca, james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk
With all this talk about thermostats, I was wondering if someone could tell me
what they see for typical temperature gauge readings? Last Saturday, the ambient
temperature here in Connecticut was around 88 degrees F. On my drive home from
work, the Spit temp gauge went up to just below the 3/4 mark, (highway drive at
about 60mph.)  Is this typical for you other Spit owners out there? Just
curious.

BTW, I have a Hayden electric pusher on the car with the 185 degree F
thermostat. Seems to help out in traffic during the summer months.
Regards,
Glenn

--
Glenn Bowley