Re: Oh, by the way....

To: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Subject: Re: Oh, by the way....
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 07:39:21 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob Jones wrote:

> fred thomas wrote:
> >
> > Sumner Weisman wrote:
> > >
> > > One more comment about TRF charging me $12.50 for a 29 page booklet.
> > >
> > > My "Other" hobby is amateur (ham) radio, which I have been into nearly my
> > > entire life.  The national organization is the American Radio Relay
>League.
> > >  They publish lots of books,  many at $25 to $35 or so.  But, they publish
> > > one that is exactly the same size as "More BS About TR's".   It's called
> > > "The ARRL DXCC Countries List".  What do they charge for it?  $2.00.
> > >
> > > Sumner Weisman
> > > 62 TR-3B
> > > W1VIV
> >
> > Yea, but you can't ride in it, the gas mileage is bad, and the resale
> > value stinks, stick to the 12.50 book you already know its cost more, so
> > it must be a better buy.
> ONE MORE COMMENT;
> AT THE $50 PER HOUR THAT MANY MECHANICS CHARGE (AND ARE WORTH) IF YOU
> SAVE MORE THAN 15 MINUTES WITH THE BOOK, YOU HAVE SAVED MONEY.  OF
> COURSE IF YOU REALLY ARE CHEAP, YOU CAN COPY THE BOOK AND THEN RETURN
> IT.  I BET ITS BEEN DONE MORE THAN ONCE.  BOB WAS A VERY UNIQUE GUY AND
> THE BUNCH AT THE ROADSTER FACTORY WERE SUPER IN PRINTING A BOOK THEY
> KNOW HAS LIMITED APPEAL.  JUST ASK BRITISH VICTORIA AND MOSS HOW MANY
> TRIUMPH BOOKS THEY HAVE PUBLISHED.  SOMETIMES I THINK THERE IS TOO MUCH
> BITCHING ABOUT A FEW BUCKS ON THE LIST. JMO
> BOB

just to clue such very serious minded and very little humor people on
this list who love to preach to other people how they should be or not
be, how they should act or not act, whether they are cheap or not, how to
spend their money or not, let me set my record straight. Bob Schaller was
a very GOOD friend of mine for many years, I do not beleive Sumner was
wrong in his opinion of the price or the S&H charges, nor do I beleive
TRF is wrong in their pricing of this book, the book at what ever price
is very valuable to a T/R 3 owner, but that certainly is no reason to
flame everyone on this list for your "JMO", thanks for the idea of
copying the book and then returning it, how long have you been doing this
neat idea without sharing it with the rest of the list.Glad the rain is
about to stop, makes for very long days.