RE: Oh, by the way....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Oh, by the way....
From: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell Leach)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 20:26:21 -0700
Posted-date: Tue, 12 May 1998 20:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
>Jim Altman (W4UCK) wrote:
>You know, there are quite a few of us out there.  I wonder how many of us
>are mobile?  I sometimes carry an HT, but have not mounted anything in the
>car.  It'd be fun to put one of the new little HF rigs in the car. (A real
>metal bumper to hook an antenna to!) Car shows with talk-in. We may be on to
>something here.
>
>73 (that's ham talk for the rest of you)

My TR-4 was a little noisey on HF, but my TM-742A brings 6M, 2M and 70cm
to it just fine.  And with the remote head, the main part of the radio is
in the trunk, with the head mounted in the glovebox.

So Long,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
  email: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us
         http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~token/PAGE1.html
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)  Everyday
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk 2
1967 Spitfire Mk 3   In work, lots of 1500 stuff
Keeper of the TR-4 List, Version 2.0 availible.