Re: Oh, by the way....

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Oh, by the way....
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 23:41:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
fred thomas wrote:

> Sumner Weisman wrote:
> >
> > One more comment about TRF charging me $12.50 for a 29 page booklet.
> >
> > My "Other" hobby is amateur (ham) radio, which I have been into nearly my
> > entire life.  The national organization is the American Radio Relay League.
> >  They publish lots of books,  many at $25 to $35 or so.  But, they publish
> > one that is exactly the same size as "More BS About TR's".   It's called
> > "The ARRL DXCC Countries List".  What do they charge for it?  $2.00.
> >
> > Sumner Weisman
> > 62 TR-3B
> > W1VIV
>
> Yea, but you can't ride in it, the gas mileage is bad, and the resale
> value stinks, stick to the 12.50 book you already know its cost more, so
> it must be a better buy.
ONE MORE COMMENT;
AT THE $50 PER HOUR THAT MANY MECHANICS CHARGE (AND ARE WORTH) IF YOU
SAVE MORE THAN 15 MINUTES WITH THE BOOK, YOU HAVE SAVED MONEY.  OF
COURSE IF YOU REALLY ARE CHEAP, YOU CAN COPY THE BOOK AND THEN RETURN
IT.  I BET ITS BEEN DONE MORE THAN ONCE.  BOB WAS A VERY UNIQUE GUY AND
THE BUNCH AT THE ROADSTER FACTORY WERE SUPER IN PRINTING A BOOK THEY
KNOW HAS LIMITED APPEAL.  JUST ASK BRITISH VICTORIA AND MOSS HOW MANY
TRIUMPH BOOKS THEY HAVE PUBLISHED.  SOMETIMES I THINK THERE IS TOO MUCH
BITCHING ABOUT A FEW BUCKS ON THE LIST. JMO
BOB