HEELLLLLPPPPPP!

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HEELLLLLPPPPPP!
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:51:56 -0800
Cc: "'British List'" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Sorry, didn't mean to scream, but I did want to get your attention.

I have a diagnosis problem, directly relating to the addition of my header.

I just completed the last of my winter repairs:

Steering coupling - took out the .25" of slack in the steering column by
replacing cross bolts on coupler and fastening them IN THE GROOVE where they
were supposed to sit.

Rebuilt the rear axle hubs, using a better design bearing in the trunnions,
along with new and improved seals (more on this later)

Rebushed front end.

Rear wheel brake job.

and

Header.....got the 4-2-1 from TriumphTune/Moss England.  (Bolted right up, in
case you were wondering).  Using the Weber DGV, which was tuned to perfection
before the header (passed smog).  Now, I can't get the pig to run for sh*t.
All timing the same, running the Crane electronic ignition.  No changes at all,
'cept for the damn header

Granted, I am running an open collector pipe (you thought a Monza was loud),
and as such there is little if any backpressure.  But I can't even keep it
idling long enough to make it the .25 mile to the exhaust shop.

Help me listers....where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar (really spittin' fire)
Morgan Hill, CA