Re: rusty gas tank

To: lew <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: rusty gas tank
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 19:35:06 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
lew wrote:

>     Hello list,
> Any ideas out there on how to get all the rust out of the inside of my 63
> spit gas tank? The tank isn't to bad but the bottom of the tank does have
> some scale rust on it. I put one of the clear glass filters on the fuel line
> (just prior to the fuel pump) so i could watch for rust flakes in it. I keep
> cleaning it out but it makes me nervous watching that filter get all that
> rusty scale in it. I would like to clean out the tank if i could. I have the
> tank out of the car and the sending unit off of it. Is there a product out
> there that would take care of this?
> thanks,
> Lew

Eastwood's also makes a good etching/sealing process I used on my
Spitfire with good success.  As a temporary measure, you can try pouring
in some kerosene, dropping in a length of chain, and sloshing it around
to break out the rust.

In all cases, please be careful.  It's OK when listers leave just
because they're mad, but not OK when they're dead.

--
Martin Secrest
GT6, Spit