rusty gas tank

To: "spit" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: rusty gas tank
From: "lew" <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:18:21 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
    Hello list,
Any ideas out there on how to get all the rust out of the inside of my 63
spit gas tank? The tank isn't to bad but the bottom of the tank does have
some scale rust on it. I put one of the clear glass filters on the fuel line
(just prior to the fuel pump) so i could watch for rust flakes in it. I keep
cleaning it out but it makes me nervous watching that filter get all that
rusty scale in it. I would like to clean out the tank if i could. I have the
tank out of the car and the sending unit off of it. Is there a product out
there that would take care of this?
thanks,
Lew