Re[2]: carb. adjustments

To: "peterz@merak.com" <peterz@merak.com>, "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re[2]: carb. adjustments
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:10 -0800
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Brad wrote:

Peter,

> Not to state the obvious (ok I will) but isn't the adjustment valve
> on the Unisyn tool to compensate for variable air flows? I was able
> to set the valve at such a point that the red indicator was half way
> up the tube. Then, without disturbing the set up of the Unisyn, I
> just make sure the other carb creates the same airflow. Pretty
> simple in my case (my carbs were just rebuilt when I did this, I'm
> not sure if this would have had an impact).

     You got me, I didn't realize there was an ajustment to the Unisyn!!
     Guess when I get home this weekend I get to retune my sptifire yet
     again!  Thanks for the tip.  Kind of makes one looks stupid, doesn't
     it.  Oh well, live and learn.

     =======================
     No, Brad.  Not stupid, just human like the rest of us.  BTW, I still
     think you should try to use your ears FIRST, then you can put the
     Unisyn on the carbs and see how far off your ears are.  You may find
     out that your hearing is pretty good (OTOH, you may find out that like
     the rest of us old farts on the list, you have too much hair in your
     ears, you're going bald, your cholesterol level is too high and you
     are going deaf.  The end result being that your carbs are off by a
     country mile.)    ;^)

     Ross D. Vincenti
     64 Spitfire 4
     64 Porsche 356C Coupe