RE: carb. adjustments

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: RE: carb. adjustments
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 16:49:19 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Peter,

> Not to state the obvious (ok I will) but isn't the adjustment valve
> on the Unisyn tool to compensate for variable air flows? I was able
> to set the valve at such a point that the red indicator was half way
> up the tube. Then, without disturbing the set up of the Unisyn, I
> just make sure the other carb creates the same airflow. Pretty
> simple in my case (my carbs were just rebuilt when I did this, I'm
> not sure if this would have had an impact).

You got me, I didn't realize there was an ajustment to the Unisyn!!
Guess when I get home this weekend I get to retune my sptifire yet
again!  Thanks for the tip.  Kind of makes one looks stupid, doesn't
it.  Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)