Re: Disappointed

To: "Steve Chandler" <stevec@rtd.com>, <RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK>
Subject: Re: Disappointed
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:43:40 -0600
Cc: <msecres@ibm.net>, "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I agree that the mounting brackets probably aren't strong enough, but
even worse in my opinion is the long term damage caused by
over-compressing the rubber biscuits (diff mounts). Any extra play here
turns into rotation movement by the diff, accelerating the wear to the
mounts and then causing the right front diff mount to crack. This
happens all by itself as the rubber ages, so why help it along.
The best solution is the poly diff mounts sold by BPNW and probably
others by now. Takes an every XX (methinks 2) year remove and replace
the diff mounts job down to a do it once and forget it job.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net