Disappointed

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Disappointed
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 22:49:04 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I've been on the list since October and have noticed a disturbing trend. I'm
not sure if it's like the old High School clique....... only acknowledge the
"in crowd"...ignore the rest, but the only questions that seem to get
answered are the "heavy technical" and the "cute" ones. Basic questions
about, say,  interior renovation help are usually ignored (maybe answered
directly but not posted to the list.... hey there's nothing fancy about
redoing your interior) while questions about oxygen sensors (serious) and
vanity plates (frivolous) are responded to in mass. I posted a very basic
question about proper jack points for a floor jack at both the front and
rear of a TR6. I was concerned that I could damage my car by doing something
wrong. Aren't we supposed to be concerned about preserving these cars? Yes
I'm a newbie at this. But what I didn't expect was that NO ONE would take
the time to help and answer. I KNOW hundreds of you can answer this question
but no one bothered. I've posted other questions that have been met with
similar (i.e. lack of) response. This is a letter I've wanted to post for
while now but have been afraid of the backlash............. well. it's late
here in Connecticut and I've had a couple of vodka tonics... we'll be
getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to drive to Myrtle Beach for a week of
golf (any golf questions will be gladly answered by this 6 handicapper), and
I figured I'd go out with a bang. I will continue to lurk because the list
is a wealth of info...... but I'll be very hesitant to post another
question.
A very disillusioned
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Current status at: