Floor jack recommendation? (sightly off-topic)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Floor jack recommendation? (sightly off-topic)
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:53:06 -0500
Sorry for the off topic request, but I couldn't find the shop-talk list
archives.  I'm looking at getting a floor jack (trolley jack) and think I
have narrowed it down to a couple possibilities.  Wondering if anyone has
experience with either of these:

Alltrade 3 ton, $59.99 at Costco.  Comes with spare seals

Craftsman 3 ton, $99.00 at Sears, comes with pair of 3 ton jackstands.
They also have a 2 1/4 for $79.

Both of these are made in China.  The fit and finish on the Craftsman is
better. Keep in mind that I'm pretty frugal (ok, downright cheap) and $40
does matter if there's not a LOT of difference in quality/performance.

---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD