Spit Springs

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit Springs
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:10:04 -0500
I am working on improving the front suspension of my Spit.
Does anyone have any experience with the VB Competition springs?
I will be installing Spax shocks and replacing the bushing with
plastic ones
I am questioning if I need new springs.  The springs that are on there
now have
 a strange bow to them.  This bow may be normal but it looks strange.
 I guess
I should explain what I am calling a bow.  At the middle of the
spring, the spring
is almost touching the shock on one side and on the other side it is
about one inch away.
Does anyone know if the Comp VB spring has the same ride height?
 Should I stick
with the springs I have.  Should I get standard replacement springs?

Thanks for all the comments on shock removal and spring
decompression.

Dave C
79 Spit