Re: Floor jack recommendation? (sightly off-topic)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Floor jack recommendation? (sightly off-topic)
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 00:13:07 -0500 (EST)
Ted,

I don't really have anything against Sears, but it seems every time I buy
something from them, I'm disappointed.  Little things like smaller slots in
shelf standards so you can't buy the brackets anywhere else, or casters on
the WetVac that are too small to allow it to roll over it's own cord.

Many years ago I had a friend that worked for AMF who at the time was
building Lawn Tractors for Sears.  He got me one directly from AMF, but
told me I couldn't get parts from Sears because they were manufactured to
Sears specs which were of significantly lower quality.  I'm not sure that
was reflected in the price. With their Brand Central scheme, they may be
selling better quality, but the prices seem to be a lot higher than
anywhere else.  So I have no experience with this jack, but personnaly, I
stay clear of Sears for everything except an occasional socket.

I did buy the little Costco floor jack that comes in a carrying case (I
forget the particulars).  I have very little storage room and for getting
the car up on stands, it works fine - so far.

Bob