Re: Cleaning Elec. Connections

To: hutch837@JUNO.COM, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cleaning Elec. Connections
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 18:13:40 EST
In a message dated 1/28/98 6:04:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, hutch837@juno.com
writes:

>  Is there a liquid which would clean
>  the connectors? If not, I think I will replace the connectors
>  rather than struggle cleaning them with a brush.

Ed,

If it were me, I would go ahead and replace the female connectors anyway, if
you've gotten to the point of having them out already.  On my own TR6, when I
went through the connector cleaning process, I found the metal ferrule had
crumbled in about 6 or so of them.  When the ferrule crumbles, electrical
contact is "iffy' at best.  Probably just a matter of time for your's, if they
are not already goners.  Cheap insurance, in my mind.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'74 MGBGT---3000mile/year driver, original condition, slated for a V8 soon!
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74