Re: Frame straightning

To: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Subject: Re: Frame straightning
From: Tory Johnson <toryj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:14:45 -0800
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Vic Whitmore wrote:

> Troy,
>
> Here is the manual info:
> Spitfire 1500
> Repair Operation Manual
> Published by: BL Car Ltd.
> ISBN 1 869826 663
> Diagrams on pages 76-1 and 76-2
> Note: in his printing there are two original pages per page
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Vic W.
>
> Tory Johnson wrote:
>
> > Vic Whitmore wrote:
> > >
> > > There are specs for all the dimensions of the frame that can be used by
>the
> > > frame guys. These specs are in one of my Spitfire manuals at home. I think
> > > it is the shop manual.
> > > I'll get the manual name for you or I could copy the diagram and send it
> > > you.
> > >
> > > Vic Whitmore
> > > 76 Triumph Spitfire
> > > Thornhill, Ontario
> > > ----------

> > Vic,
> >
> > Just the name of the manual would be fine.....Thanks a lot.......Troy

Vic and others,

Thanks for all the input. I attempted to go with the "best" frame, body,
and paint shop in our area....(At least that was the consensus of
several individuals i have talked with) That shop was reluctant to even
work on the car because of it's age and parts availability, but i got
the insurance guy to give them a call, so i think they will do the work.
Got a check in the mail today for $1550.00.....Hope that will cover the
repairs. Actually, that's a hudred dollars more than i paid for the car
originally....So far, i'm pleased with the way this insurance co. is
handling things. The agent said the check was by no means a final thing
if there was more to the repairs that came up during the process.
Thanks again, i'll keep you all posted.