Re: Triumph Trailers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumph Trailers
From: DLM Assoc <DLMAssoc@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:41:29 EST
In a message dated 98-01-27 14:57:04 EST, Brad.Kahler@141.com writes:

<< I have the opportunity to purchase a new tandom axle trailer with
 brakes on one axle.  The trailer is 5 feet between the wheel covers,
 its 13 feet long, has ramps and all of the wiring necessary.  The
 cost delivered to me is about $1150.   >>

Brad, I had my trailer custom made to my specs and it's got a 66"
width between fenders and is 12' long.  I think that's about the
right size for TR sized cars.  I've got a friend here with a 5' wide
trailer and it's a little tight.  I normally haul my TR4 on mine, but I've
had TR3s and a Healey 3000 with no problems.  I also only have a
single axle on it (with brakes, of course) and it tows just fine and
tracks great either empty or loaded.  As I recall, it cost about $1100,
including spare tire, jack, etc.

I just read someone's response which mentioned weight... mine
came in at 800 pounds.  I weighed the complete rig (trailer and TR4)
once and the total was 3,100, slightly under my van's limit of 3,500.

G'luck...
Don Marshall