RE: Triumph Trailers

To: "'Brad Kahler'" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Triumph Trailers
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:11:32 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Simple arithmetic will tell you whether it will work.    60" between
wheel covers; my TR3 is 55";  The Spit is probably a little narrower;
TR4 about the same or a bit more.  The doors will probably be real close
to the area where the trailer wheels should be and you may not be able
to open them.

Length would not be as problematic as you can over hang the front by
several inches.   Again the TR3 is just under 13' in length.  Spit is
probably much less; TR4 about the same.

So yes, it is possible, but might be a tight squeeze.   If one of your
concerns is the towing capacity of whatever will be pulling it.   A 13'
probably weighs in at around 1200#;   16' about 1600#;  A TR4 probably
weighs about 2,300.   If your limit is 3500 you will probably have to
live with the tight squeeze.   If you can go 5000#; get the larger
trailer; you'll be happier with not having to deal with it...   Plus the
Dodge Truck can go on the larger size.

$1150; seems a bit high for what you are getting.  I have seen 16' x
6'6" tandem w/brakes in the $1,300 - 1,400 range and you can sometimes
find them cheaper used.  (There is one here in Tampa listed for $650
used - don't know specific condition, etc.)

JMTCW.
Carl