Re: Dashboard refinishing

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Dashboard refinishing
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:12:14 -0800 (PST)
Cc: the usual suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, James wrote:

> Tryed it on my wheels, it works even better than on wood.  Turned it to
> jelly in 15 min, the stuff still did not make a dent in the varnish on
> the wooden dash.  I think that stuff may need somthing more potent.

I haven't tried my stuff on wood yet (got a metal dash...)

You may want to give Citri-Strip a try.  It's supposed to work better than
the achohol (stinky) stuff.  You may also want to leave the stripper on
(outside...) for a few hours.

You can also remove varnish using a cabinet scraper or a razor blade.  But
you will probably take off some wood too (ok for solid wood, but veneer is
dangerous... unless you're going to put new veneer on)

-Malcolm