Re: TR6 Speedometer Calibration

To: rdaniels@snet.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Speedometer Calibration
From: t_geiger@juno.com (Terry W Geiger)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 21:24:51 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks to all who responded to my question about speedometer calibration.
 This list is a great source for finding out what the DPO might have
removed from the car without telling you :^)

I found from reading the posts that I'm missing the little black cable
that resets the trip odometer.  A trip to my friend who has a local
British bone yard should scrounge one up (we're so lucky to have a
British bone yard here).

My speedometer is running fast and sometimes the speedometer needle jumps
very erratically from the low end of the scale to the top end of the
scale (especially in cold weather).  After disassembling the instrument I
think I see why.  The screws that hold the magnets (attached to the
speedometer cable) from the disk have become loose, allowing the magnets
to be too close to the disk and occasionally touch the disk (which I
suspect was causing the erratic needle movement).  I think a little
loc-tite and tightening the screws will solve my speedometer problem.

Terry Geiger
1974 Triumph TR6
Recoving Sunbeam Addict
Florence, AL USA