More TR6 blower questions...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More TR6 blower questions...
From: Bill Wood <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 23:14:13 -0800
Cc: dynamic@transport.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 08:33:42 -0800
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>

The next question is regarding the air distribution control...  Why
can't I get any HEAT out of the eyeballs at either end of the dash?  I
can get AIR out of there, and actually that fan blows quite a bit in
HIGH (as long as the headlights are off!!)  I can get warm air coming
from the heater flap, that is, the door at the bottom of the heater
assembly, so I know that hot water is in there and is circulating, and
the flap will open and close, but no matter what, I cannot get any hot
air from the eyeballs on the dash.  Is this correct?  I think I figured
out how to direct hot air to the defroster vents, but not much comes out
there.  Can anyone give me any insights here? How is this whole thing
supposed to work?

Thanks much!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6
CF10732

Pete,

The TR6 fresh air heater box is designed to only deliver fresh air to
the eyeball vents at the end of the dash and in the footwell.  It's
working correctly.  No heated air is supposed to be delivered to these
vents.   As for the defroster, it should be diverted via the air flow
flap, controlled on the left side of the unit.

Bill Wood
1973 TR6
1979 TR8 Coupe
1980 TR8 Coupe