TR6 Speedometer Calibration

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Speedometer Calibration
From: t_geiger@juno.com (Terry W Geiger)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:54:21 -0800
Hi All:

I'm performing several tasks to the TR6 over the winter.  One of the
projects has been to disassemble the dash, replace the top crash pad, and
refinish the fascia.  When removing the speedometer, I noticed a small
stem protruding from the back of the instrument.  Is this for calibration
or does it reset the trip odometer?  How do you reset the trip odometer?
The speedo reads about 15 mph fast and I was hoping to calibrate the
instrument while out.

Also, any pointers and disassembling, cleaning, and adjusting any of the
instruments would be greatly appreciated.

Terry Geiger
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Recovering Sunbeam Addict
Florence, AL USA