1500 project help

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1500 project help
From: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 18:59:08 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Greetings All,

Slowly, my little 1500 project is coming together. But I am afraid that I'm
stuck.  There is a mystery screw/bolt that I cannot identify.  I'm using my
vic-brit catalogue to help in locating parts relative to one another. On the
Spitfire Cylinder Liner, Engine studs and Block components page
(Spitfire/GT6 pg. 71, fall 97), just to the left of the block seal, there is
a washer, numbered 85 on the diagram, and given part number 12-3685.
According to the catalogue, two are needed.  Now, common to that washer,
there is what appears to be a little screw or bolt. This is not given a
number. Further, it is not clear where it (or they) go.

If someone knows what and where these buggers go, and happens to be blessed
with knowledge of bolt/screw size/diameter/thread, etc...  I would be most
grateful if you could share that bit of wizardry with me!

Thanks in advance!

Will