Re: 1500 project help

To: William West <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 project help
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:55:36 -0800
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Will-

I enlarged the holes in the chain cover, front engine plate, and sealing
block and tapped 3/8 fine threads in the latter.  I secured the pieces
together with shortened 3/8 hex socket bolts.  The larger size brings
these parts together with a bit more force in the soft sealing block
threads.  Just make sure the bolts are not too long.  They can interfere
with the front main bearing cap and never tighten sufficiently.

Remember, some of the way things were done originally, such as bolt
sizes, etc, were not necessarily best, just good enough. Once.  In
little situations like this, you can do a minor modification and have a
great improvement.
--
Brian W. Neuschwander