Re: 1500 project help

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 project help
From: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:38:19 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
With respect to the screws/bolts common to the timing cover/front
plate/block, I've found a diagram in my Bentley manual that shows five
slotted screws and six hex nuts that hold the timing cover on. My Haynes
manual concurs, but indicates that one of the screws is 'short'.
Unfortunately, the neither manual tells me exactly what attaches the front
plate to the block at the bottom of and to either side of the timing cover.
They appear to be the same screws that attach to the timing cover (at least
it appears that way in the drawing). One other hex headed bolt is shown at
the bottom far left.

I don't have any parts catalogues on hand other than my vic-brit and the
downloadable moss motors one, which, while selling every other damned bolt
on the vehicle, fail to list those described above.

Bob Harris: you gave me two part numbers listed in the Roadster Factory
catalogue for these screws/bolts. (Yes, I ordered a catalogue, but need to
get these parts asap..soooooo...) would you be so kind as to check to see if
these two part numbers correspond to the hex bolts and slotted head screws,
pllleaaassseeee.... If so, I'll just give 'em a ring and order 'em up.
Thanks!

If anybody else has more info on the specifics of these things, I would
certainly appreciate it.  Oh, and thanks again to everyone who has offered
info on this!

Will