powder-coat

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: powder-coat
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 08:12:57 -0800
Cc: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Well, received my powder-coat kit from Eastwood(150.00) and read the
instructions then used it this morning. WOW I'm in heaven, great, what a
money saver this is going to be. I already have a large blast cabinet,
bought a 3 year old elec. range ($60.00) wired-up ($25.00) complete kit
w/access. ($200.00), one important item, Eastwood gets $11.99 for 8oz. of
powder, go in with some club members $3.50 lb. in 50lbs lots. Parts have
to be clean, then hangup with thin wire, spray (only 6lbs. pressure) hang
in the over (400 deg.)  for 20 minutes, cool & install. I sprayed over a
plasic cover and what tiny bit that fell I just scooped up and can reuse.
I just did my 6 bladed fan and it looks great, If I have to cost it out
it will be about 2.00, local shop about 50.00. Shops will no longer do
nuts and bolts (to small) this will take care of that. Give me a couple
of weeks and I will give the list a complete report. Many colors avail.