Re: powder-coat

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: powder-coat
From: Vito Pacione <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 13:35:52 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
This is a great idea, but a real concern I have is getting it from wherever
you paint it into a rack or something in the oven without messing up the
painted area. I know I don't have an oven that I can hang parts in, so I'd
have to lay them down on the painted surface to bake them. It would smudge
them. When they do it professionally, they are apinted in the oven, never
touched after painting. Then they walk outside and turn on the oven.

That said, I would love to be able to powder coat at home, but don't think
it would come very good because of the logistics of moving the part and
trying to get it into the oven and baking without touching the painted area.

Does anyone have any ideas, because I'd still love to buy one if I could
convince myself that it was realistic.