Re: TR6 windscreen frame removal

To: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 windscreen frame removal
From: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 15:33:03 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by mail.cninc.com
On 01/19/98 02:35 PM John Duhart said...
>Hey All,
>
> I'm putting in a new dash top for the TR6 and I meed to raise/remove the
windscreen frame so I can slide the dash top underneeth it.  I've removed
the 2 nut on the bolts that attach to the windscreen frame, and I lossened
the two bolts that are at the top rear of each quarter panel.  The frame won't
lift out.  What else should I do?  Is it rusted in place?  Help!

>Later,
>JHD IV

John,
There's probably mastic sealer under the windscreen-body seal. I took mine
out several years ago (different TR6) I vaguely remember putting the nut
back on and hitting the bolts under the dash. It'd not a good idea because
you could lose your windscreen. I think I had mine out to replace the seal
around the glass at the time. You might try some thin wire around 2 dowels
and run it under the windscreen body seal. Kinda like a cheese cutter (let's
see what that starts).

Andy
'74 TR6 -- currently small pieces of metal held together with rust.