Re: TR6 windscreen frame removal

To: DUHART@symbol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 windscreen frame removal
From: TRIPHSTEVE <TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:35:39 EST
John-

If my memory is correct from recently restoring a TR6, the "official" manual
tells you to remove the two bolts securing the bracket, which in turn secures
the windshield.

On closer examination, you will find 3 bolts! Two of the bolts are secured on
the outside of the braclet assembly and one from the inside of the assembly.
Also, the windscreen may be more easily removed with another set of hands to
jiggle the windscreen frame back and forth after the bolts are removed. Based
on the recent discussions, I will only recomend some penetrating fluid be
used, not which one is best.

The Roadster Factory has a correct diagram of the windscreen mounting bracket
assembly on page `164 of the TR 250 Spare Parts Catalogue and page 372 of the
TR6 Spare Parts Catalogue. Also, don't forget the nut on the end of the rod
that extends through the mounting bracket.

Hope this helps.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY
"Home of the Corvette"