Re: Stinky 'ol Spitfire

To: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Subject: Re: Stinky 'ol Spitfire
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 13:47:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 06:14 PM 1/4/98 -0500, Atwell Haines wrote:

>Anyway, today I inspected the carb intake bore by removing the air cleaner
>assy and lifting the piston.   Lo and behold, there was a pool of gas in
>there.
>
>So it looks as if I'll be removing that sucker one more time.

And so I DID remove the carb again.   I found a little sediment in the
bowl; I cleaned out the float valve;  and checked the floats by "sailing"
them in the bowl, full of gas.  (Sadly, there was no room for my rubber
duckie.)

The floats WOULD stay above water, but not by much; they have a definite
downward "tilt" to them.   So I have ordered new ones....