carb rebuild

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: carb rebuild
From: Ken Mendelson <kam@tis.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 10:24:54 -0500
I'm rebuilding the carbs on my 75 TR6.  Never done it before.  I have the
kits with all the gaskets, bushings, the diaphragm, etc.  Despite the gunk,
the carbs appear to be in pretty good shape.  However, I have two questions:
1. Should the float move with absolutely no resistance whatsoever?  Mine is
a bit stiff.
2. Are there pieces that are NOT included in the standard kit that I should
replace while the whole thing is in pieces?

Thanks,

Ken

*Kenneth A. Mendelson           Phone:  (301) 854-5348  *
*Corporate Counsel                      Fax:       (301) 854-5785       *
*Trusted Information Systems, Inc.      Cell:      (301) 325-9172       *
*3060 Washington Road (Route 97)        Email:   kam@tis.com            *
*Glenwood, Maryland  21738              Web:    http://www.tis.com      *