[acrane@crosslink.net: Subject: Lever shock oil]

To: triumphs
Subject: [acrane@crosslink.net: Subject: Lever shock oil]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:45:15 -0700 (MST)

This was sent to the wrong address, rather than triumphs@autox.team.net
Also, be careful dealing with Paeco.  You can likely get better quality
at a cheaper price without too much effort.

mjb.
----

     Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:41:04 -0500
     From: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>
     Subject: Subject: Lever shock oil

PAECO sells several different weights for lever arm shocks.  They
specialize in performance modifications, so there must be some
advantage.  I haven't tried it, but thicker oil should keep your car
flatter on hard turns.  Also it could be a real kick in the butt.

Alan Crane
67 TR4A

< Does anyone have experience with different weight oils in their lever
< arm shocks?

< I have elected not to have my shocks rebuilt as I think they are in
< pretty good shape, but they do appear to be low on oil.  (There is no
< fresh oil on the outside of the shocks.)  I know the mainstream
< vendors sell "shock" oil, but I am curious if anyone has any
< experience with using different wt oils, ie. motorcycle fork oils,
< etc, instead.

< I have used synthetic motorcycle fork oil in motorcycle forks.  It is
< available in a wide variety of weights and in very stable.  Should be
< great for lever arm shock tuning.  I just need some help in finding a
< good weight to start with.  Now that I have mastered removal of the
< shock link from the spring perch, I am willing to remove them a time
< or two to get a good handling, comfortable ride.

< Jack Brooks