Re: Valve jobs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve jobs
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bns.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 12:51:45 +1030
At 09:45 27/10/96 -0500, you wrote:

>HIi all,
>

>I just could'nt let this go by with out a story.  The aircraft mechanic
>friend of mine who sold me my first MG swore that pouring water in a hot fast
>running (4000 rpm)
>removed carbon from the valves, head etc.. Does this work I don't know but
tried this poured the contents of the kettle into the carby all at once
and the engine stopped,oh I had the car tipped on it's side at the time
couldn't get the water down the SU's otherwise I wonder if the engine got
flooded?
IMHO if you wish to try this and I know it's been on the board before try
this get a couple (1 per carby) of small bore hypodermic needles from local
druggies or doctor connect water line to them, and to tin at higher level
than carbies with an off switch in line.turn on after engine is running.
the amount of water flow required is trial & error I'm afraid.
This will help with old worn out engines to gain possibly!? a new lease of
life for a short while
whether it helps with ridding of carbon who knows  but the water injection
(no pun intended) idea is just as old as the motor car or was it a contrived
scheme from disgruntled steam train engineers to turn all cars into steam
engines.
tony