Re: To dip or not to dip?

To: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>, <KVacek@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To dip or not to dip?
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:03:35 -0400
I'm still curious since I am looking to begin a complete restore to my '72
TR6? Yes... sandblast the outside, but the original E-mail was talking
about the INTERIOR of the tube frame. I have also read somewhere that it is
not uncommon for a frame to rust from the inside out. A previous owner had
my TR6 undercoated with some sort of heavy black coating. Rusty Jones stuff
I think. I am wondering about the inside of the frame. If hot-dipping is an
option I would assume the frame needs to be as clean and dirt/rust free as
possible.

What about using some sort of "wand" that fits into holes in the frame to
spry oil to coat the inside? Any ideas?