Re: new member

To: Barry Schwartz <Bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: new member
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 09:46:47 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Barry Schwartz wrote:

> Brad,
> If the GT6 is in as good shape as you indicate, don't let the tranny stop
> you.  Even if you have to buy a rebuilt, Which are available, I still think
> you'll be getting a good deal.  The hardest bits to find are trim and bumper
> items.  Although the MK2's and pre 73 MK3'a are considered more desirable
> from a collectors stanpoint, if your just looking for a stylish, Triumph
> coupe/GT you certianly can't go wrong - (although Andy might argue for a
> Hearld or Vitesse :-))

Well, of course I would. And, along that same line of thought, I love to
see more "Mk.1" GT6s rescued. In some ways it is the nicest styling of
all GT6s (although each successive version has its fans as well, myself
included).

I might also point out that I still have a 1970 GT6+ that I drove for a
number of years way back when -- a darned reliable, fun and (autocross,
etc.) competitive car. I also had a 1972 Mk.3 for awhile. Despite its
incredibly ratty appearance while I drove it, it gots lots of "Wow --
cool"-type comments from pedestrians, probably more than any other
Triumph I've ever driven.

And don't forget, Barry, the GT6 is little more than a Vitesse with
swoopy fastback bodywork! :-)

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *