new member

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: new member
From: BBURNS@HWS.EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:58:35 -0400 (EDT)
I wanted to introduce myself being a new member.  My name is Bradley Burns
and I live in Geneva, NY.  I have wanted a triumph since I rode in a
brand new white '70 or '71 TR6.  I collect a variety of cars but yet to
own a triumph.  I currently have Porsche, SAAB sonett, '50 Buick Jetback,
'53 pontiac chieftan, '56 Ford F100.  I am looking to purchase my first
triumph and I was wondering if I could get some advice from the list.
The car is '68 GT6.  No body rust that I could see, no jack available.
Runs strong but Tranny as expected is bad.  All glass, trim, gauges are
fine.  It has been off road for two years and stored in garage.  No
rust on firewall or at base of bonett.  The man is asking $700 and I have
been hesitating due to tranny and my limited first hand knowledge.
Any suggestions and price evaluations?
Brad