Re: Car Bras

To: dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Bras
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 11:22:55 -0400
In a message dated 96-10-09 09:01:24 EDT, dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk (Daren
Allder) writes:

<< What is the
 purpose
 of the bra? Is it purely cosmetical or what ???

 As far as I understand it, they're to protect the front of the car from
 stone chips, kamikaze flies etc.  [ Do they still permit flies in
 California? (-: ]  >>
Flies are probably a protected species on the left coast ;-)

Although I've never owned a car bra and would never consider putting one
on my TR6, I must say that judging from this post and the Re: from
Richard..er excuse me...RICHARD JACKSON...you limeys must enjoy a
really limited insect population to not understand the need for such a
device.
When I lived in Louisiana we sometimes refered to the mosquito as the
unofficial State BIRD. I would invite any of you to come take a drive across
southern Mississippi or Louisiana on a warm spring or hot summer night
and see how you like cleaning the sticky mess of several thousand
splattered insects off the front of YOUR car.
But only a lunatic (or a mad dog or an Englishman ;-)   would leave a
front end cover on a car parked in the hot sun, as moisture trapped
underneath would quickly fade the paint.

Cheers!
Jack Mc